Social media house rules
Our house rules aim to ensure that our social media channels are an inclusive and inviting space.
Through our channels, we will keep you up to date about our people, projects, community initiatives and organisations that we support. We want you to engage with us and hope that you find our channels friendly, informative, and engaging.
We encourage you to be respectful of other community members and to adhere to the relevant social media channel posting guidelines. In addition, Woodside reserves the right to remove any content that:
- is bullying, racism, or anything demeaning towards a person including pictures and videos
- is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive
- is threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, indecent or objectionable, or profane
- is discriminatory in any way: racist; sexist; homophobic; ageist
- is considered harassment, including trolling, deliberate disruptions to conversations or repetitive posting on the same issue
- is spam, junk mail, or files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people's computers
- contains any personal details, like phone numbers, email address etc
- is anything that promotes, incites or instructs in matters of crime or violence
- violates the intellectual property rights of another
- violates any law or regulation
- is otherwise offensive.
We reserve the right to address factual errors. Inappropriate or offensive comments will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to remove comments at our own discretion.
Users who repeatedly breach the page guidelines will be removed from the page.
We will reply to comments where appropriate and will aim to do so within a 24 hour time frame.
We reserve the right to:
- remove any content that breaches the guidelines above and block any user that repeatedly violates these guidelines
- change the Woodside social media guidelines at any time without prior notice
- use your comments, ideas and images.
By engaging with us on our social media channels, you agree that any material posted belongs to you and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of anyone else. You also grant us the right to use, develop, modify, adapt and publish your comments, materials and ideas in any format and on any channel, without obligation to you.
These house rules were updated 1 December 2022.