The information contained in the 2020-21 Report of entity tax information illustrates that Woodside’s entities had income tax payable totalling approximately A$390 million, which as a percentage of taxable income is near the 30% corporate tax rate for large business.
We pay our taxes
We are a global energy company, founded in Australia and a significant taxpayer.
Woodside has paid more than A$13 billion in Australian taxes and royalties since 2011.
We pay our taxes, as and when due, in compliance with the law. We actively participate in several global ESG rating indices and our approach to tax is included within the leading group, relative to our industry peers.
Our Australian tax contribution
The majority of Woodside’s revenues are from the sale of hydrocarbons from our producing assets located in Australia, and as a result Woodside pays more than 95% of its taxes in Australia.
Our Australian Tax Contribution over the last 5 years to 2021 is presented in the data table.
We have participated in a number of Government enquiries and submissions relating to tax in Australia.
Sustainable Development Report
Find out more about our approach to tax in the 2021 Sustainable Development Report.
Find out more about our approach to tax in the 2021 Annual Report.
Our corporate income tax paid per country
Woodside also conducts business outside of Australia and as a result pays CIT in other jurisdictions. As disclosed in our Annual Report 2021 (p. 98) Woodside paid a total amount of US$ 271 million in 2021. This is further detailed on a country-by-country basis in the data table to the right.
Tax - Fast Facts
- Tax Policy
- Our Approach to Tax
- We Pay Our Taxes (FY2021)
- We Pay Our Taxes (FY2020)
- Tax Transparency Information for the 2019-20 Year (December 2021)
- Tax Transparency Information for the 2018-19 Year (December 2020)
- Tax Transparency Information for the 2017-18 Year (December 2019)
- Tax Transparency Information for the 2016-17 Year (December 2018)
- Tax Transparency Information for the 2015-16 Year (December 2017)
- Tax Transparency Information for the 2014-15 Year (December 2016)
- Tax Transparency Information for the 2013-14 Year (December 2015)
- Media Release - Woodside paid A658 million in Australian taxes and royalties in 2021 and more than A2 billion in 2022